Thursday 1 November 2012

Smile & Be Happy!



The thing that annoys me the most is people who complain. I cannot stand complainers! Now, many of you may be reading this and thinking, ‘Whoa, what a hypocrite! She complains all the time!’ and yeah, I know a lot of my blog posts have been general rants aimed at random people and things. But you see, I don’t complain in ‘real’ life. There was a time (ahem… a couple of weeks ago!) when I would use SITTING… and thinking as some sort of tool to vent my frustration at various occurrences but all that is over! I swear to never complain on here again. *famous last words* Anyway, as I was saying, people who know me wouldn’t really refer to me as someone who grumbles/whines/nitpicks/nags… I either say nice things or don’t say anything at all. (This is why I’m so quiet when around my older sister. Ahem.) Anyway, let’s not stray from the point! Complainers annoy me. I know that I am now complaining about complainers but please just bear with me because I think that complaining about people who complain is a valid complaint. (If you think I’m going mad, I’m not. I’m just trying to sound funny.) OK, this is kind of confusing. Let me start another paragraph.
People who complain will never be satisfied. They will ALWAYS find something new to complain about. I know that loads of ordinary citizens are unemployed etc but that is not a valid reason to just whinge all day! Look at what you DO have, a house maybe, a car, family, people who care for you. And if you have none of those things then look at what YOU have. You’re not disabled, you’re not stuck in a warzone (at least I hope not), you can read, you can talk… everyone has some skill or talent that they can use for their own benefit and for the benefit of society. You should be grateful for what you HAVE got and should not endlessly complain about what you HAVEN’T got. People who complain also tend to be scowling all the time and do you really want to end up with frown lines?! (If you already have frown lines, do you want to get even more severe frown lines?) You should be positive because the situation is going to stay the time no matter what you say. It’s what you DO that can change it. So don’t complain… get up and make an effort to sort the problem out. Changing your attitude will make you see the whole world in a different light. And also, if you’re REALLY annoyed about something and you literally feel like punching someone, drink a nice glass of cold water and think about what wonderful self-control you have. Smiling doesn’t take much effort really. It makes you more attractive, it cheers you up and it makes people around you feel happy too. I mean, c’mon, suppose you walked into work one morning and the receptionist glared at you… wouldn’t make you feel very good would it? Think about other people in the world, those who are starving, dying from polluted water… and then think about what you’re complaining about. Doesn’t feel so good does it? So, smile more and complain less and I promise you, that you’ll feel better.
PS. Sweet_as_candy AKA Emma, the most amazing online friend of mine has introduced me to a world of Roald Dahl quotes, so read these and maybe you’ll start your day (or finish your day) feeling much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment