Monday 19 November 2012

“IF” by Rudyard Kipling



So it’s the 19th of November! At this point I should be having a full-scale panic attack seeing as though my first exam is in exactly two weeks and two days but I’m forcing myself to stay calm. I’ve never failed anything in my life so I’m not going to fail… I’m not going to fail! You see, I say that, hoping that in some way it will motivate me into working harder but I’m EXHAUSTED. I was so upset that it was Monday this morning… I just wanted to stay in bed and get up two hours later and relax and do some casual studying but NO. I have to come into work and write letters and do flippin’ VAT Returns. I also got my Exam Docket by email which kind of reinforced all my worries. BUT I WILL NOT FAIL. End of.

Anyway, I thought I would share my favourite poem in the world with all of you. :) I first came across this when I was about 12… it was one we did in an English lesson and I love it. It’s so simple and beautiful;

“IF” by Rudyard Kipling





P.S. Isn’t Rudyard Kipling the best guy ever?! ‘The Jungle Book’ is AMAZING! He also has the same name as the bakers Mr Kipling so that’s kinda cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment