Monday 31 December 2012

The End of 2012



So, that’s it. 2012 officially over and done with (as of midnight tonight). And I think it’s been a pretty awesome year! What with the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee, the new films and music that have come out… 2012 has been a roaring success if I may say so. Seriously though, the Olympics were AMAZING. I watched dressage. And rowing. And taekwondo. All these sports I’d never had the slightest bit of interest in, yet London 2012 drew me in and had me hooked. And Mo Farah… AARGH! I could watch him doing his final laps a million times over… you can’t buy moments like those!

As for writing, I think this year has gone OK for me. I don’t find myself really trying to impress anyone other than myself anymore when I write and that’s the whole point isn’t it? So I may be poor and never sell a single book but at least I’m going to be pleased when I write ‘THE END’ after a particular story.
But while Britain may have been having a sporting, multicultural, musical success of a year, there are other things that we maybe shouldn’t be ignoring. Like the people dying every day in Syria, the natural disasters, and the hostility between certain countries. But I don’t know if these things will ever even be resolved. Will we ever have an entirely peaceful world? Will countries EVER be fair and just to one another? Call me a cynic, but I don’t think that it is EVER going to happen. So, what’s my point? Well, I don’t really have one. All I know is that by watching the news every day and seeing unprovoked attacks and shootings isn’t making people very happy. I mean, I talk about how people should get on and be nice to each other but I’ve fallen out with a fair few people myself this year.
So, what will 2013 be? The year where the power of love overcomes the love of power? The year when the world will know peace? I don’t think so. I mean, I HOPE so but you can’t blame me for being dubious.
Anyway. On a happier note, HAPPY NEW YEAR. I have a new year’s resolution to lose 4 – 7 pounds. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment