Tuesday 23 October 2012

Why I Love The Script

As most of you guys who read my blog already know, I only really 'got into' The Script when Danny was a judge on The Voice UK. Before that momentous occasion, I had only heard three of their songs; 'For The First Time', 'If You Ever Come Back' and 'Breakeven'. And the only reason I'd heard 'Breakeven' was because there's a thing in business called breakeven (where costs = revenues...lol). But since then, I have listened to all three of their albums over and over again and I can honestly say I never tire of their songs.

I know that people may think it's a whole load of boring love stuff but it really isn't. A lot of their songs are about separation and stuff but there are tonnes of really good inspirational songs. 'Hall of Fame' got to number one but you know, that's not the best they've done. I love that they write all their own songs (Danny and Mark are awesome writers) and I like that the focal point isn't always the singing.

The lyrics in 'If You Ever Come Back' are so lovely. It's kind of homely and beautiful and heartfelt and I love it!


Then there's 'The Man Who Can't Be Moved'... the inspiration behind that song was truly beautiful.


And the opening music for 'Breakeven'... it's instantly recognisable and so lovely. This was their biggest hit and I never used to like it but now... it's grown on me (reminds me less of business lessons in room 107... LOL)


These are a few of their their actual singles but the rest of their songs are just as good if not better. Exit Wounds, Rusty Halo, Live Like We're Dying, Long Gone & Moved On... oh I love them! I promise to post a more informative post about these guys some time in the near future!

Meanwhile... buy these!




Back to work on Thursday... slightly earlier than I expected!!! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment